The Vintage Pink Lady
Courtesy of Michael Cadden, Tavern Law, Seattle, WA
(A modernist’s take on a speakeasy vintage classic.)
Makes 1 cocktail
- 1 ½ ounces (45 ml) gin
- ¾ ounce (22 ml) sous vide infused Pear Shrub
- ½ ounce (15 ml) fresh lemon juice
- ¼ ounce (7.5 ml) Demerara simple syrup*
- 2 dashes bitters (Old Fashioned Barrel Aged Fee Brothers Bitters preferred)
- 1 egg white
- Ice cubes as needed
- Fresh cranberry juice for decoration
- Combine all ingredients, except the ice cubes and cranberry juice, in a mixing tin set (cocktail shaker). Add the spring of a Hawthorn strainer, if you have it, as it helps whip the egg whites and dry shake for 1 minute.
- Open, take out the spring, add the ice, and shake for another minute.
- Double strain through a Hawthorn strainer and a fine mesh strainer into a flip glass or large coupe-style cocktail glass.
- Let sit for 30 seconds before adding drops of fresh cranberry juice to decorate; get creative with the swirling.
*Demerara Simple Syrup can be made easily following the standard SousVide Simple Syrup recipe, but substituting Demerara sugar for the castor sugar in the recipe.
Like this? Why not share it: