Time 8 to 24 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds (0.7 kg) flank steak
- 1 packet SousVide Supreme Canadian Steak Rub
- (or your favorite steak rub or pepper to taste)
- coarse salt to taste
- Preheat the SousVide Supreme to desired serving temperature (134F/56.5C for medium rare; 140F/60C for medium; 150F/65.5C for medium well.)
- Sprinkle salt and steak rub liberally on both sides of meat.
- Vacuum seal the meat in a large (gallon/3.8 liter) food-grade pouch.
- Cook in the preheated water bath for at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours. When cooking time has elapsed, remove the pouch from the water bath. (At this point, you may also quick chill the meat submerged in its pouch in an ice water bath for at least 30 minutes and refrigerate for up to 48 hours or freeze for up to a year.)
- Just before serving, lightly oil a grill pan, grill, or skillet and heat to nearly the smoking point (very hot.) Remove the meat from the pouch, pat it dry with paper towels, and sear each side for 60 seconds to brown.
Serve straight from the grill with your favorite steak sauce or Chimichurri sauce.