Time: 2-8 hours
For the sous vide vegetables
- 8 French breakfast radishes (or red radishes), cut in quarters lengthwise
- 8 baby zucchini, cut in quarters lengthwise
- 8 baby pattipan squash, cut in quarters lengthwise
- 12 sugar snap peas, trimmed of the ends and strings removed
- 8 haricot vert or yellow wax beans
- 8 slices (½ inch/1.25 cm) peeled English cucumber
- 8 whole red pearl onions, peeled and cut in half
- 8 baby turnips, peeled and sliced in half
- 8 golden baby beets, peeled and sliced in quarters
- 2 whole carrots, peeled and sliced in 3-inch/7.6 cm pieces
- ¼ cup (50 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) Kosher salt
For the salad
- 8 ounces (227 g) fresh chèvre
- 10 leaves fresh mint, finely chopped
- 10 leaves fresh basil, finely chopped
- 10 leaves fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) chives, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) Kosher salt
- ¼ cup (57 g) ground and toasted pistachios
- 1 bunch baby romaine
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1 bunch arugula
- Various herb leaves and flowers to garnish.
- Lemon juice and olive oil to dress
- Fill and preheat SousVide Supreme to 156F/68C.
- Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle evenly with salt.
- Put each type of vegetable into a separate cooking pouch and vacuum seal.
- Submerge the pouches in the water oven and cook as specified below:
- 45 minutes: carrots & beets
- 22 minutes: onions, turnips
- 6 minutes: pattipans, zucchini, snap peas, haricot vert
- When its cooking time has elapsed, remove each vegetable from bath and submerge it, in its pouch, in an ice water bath for at least 10 minutes to arrest cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, combine the cheese, minced herbs, olive oil salt and nuts and mix until smooth.. Set aside.
- When ready to plate the salad, remove the cooked vegetables from pouch and arrange them (except carrots) on a bed of watercress and arugula.
- Use a peeler to slice the carrots into ribbons over the top of the salad
- Drizzle the top of the salad with olive oil and lemon juice to taste.
- Garnish each plate with a quarter of the chevré mixture and fresh herbs or flowers and serve.