with Citrus Vinaigrette
For the salad
- 4 ounces (115 g) fresh haricot vert (green beans)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) kosher salt
- 4 cups (224 g) butter lettuce, washed, trimmed, and torn into bite size pieces
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) Orange Infused Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) sea salt
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) Herbes de Provence
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) honey or 1/2 packet artificial sweetener*
- 2 ounces (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare the dressing in a salad bowl by combining all dressing ingredients except the olive oil. Let the mixture sit at room temperature as you proceed.
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, bring 4 cups (.9 liter) water to a rapid boil.
- Add the salt and the haricot vert and continue to boil for 2 minutes to blanche.
- Immediately remove the beans and shock them in a bowl of ice water (half ice/half water) to halt the cooking process. Drain and cut the beans in thirds to make bite size pieces.
- Add the olive oil to the vinegar in a steady slow stream, whisking vigorously to emulsify.
- Add the butter lettuce and green beans and toss to coat with the dressing.
- Serve immediately.
* If preferred, use an amount of artificial sweetener of sweetness equivalent to 1 teaspoon (5ml) sugar