Recipe Courtesy of Jen Caputo
- 4-1/2 ounces (128 g) fresh ginger
- 3/4 cup (375 ml) brandy
- 3/4 cup (144 g) sugar
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 135F/57C.
- Peel and grate the ginger.
- Put the ginger and brandy in a zip-closure cooking pouch and, using the displacement method (Archimedes Principle) remove the air and zip the seal closed.
- Cook for two hours.
- In a separate pouch or in a saucepan on the stove, combine water and sugar to make simple sugar (instructions for sous vide simple sugar here, for stovetop simple sugar here).
- Strain the brandy and ginger mixture into a clean stoppered bottle.
- Add the simple syrup to taste.
Share This Recipe with Friends!