- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup (48 g) sugar
- 1⁄2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (135 ml) white vinegar
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) warm water
- 1⁄2 pound carrots (228 g) peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 1/2 pounds daikon (228 g) peeled and cut into matchsticks
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 140F/60C.
- Put the carrots and daikon into a small (quart/0.9 liter) zip-closure cooking pouch (or chamber vacuum pouch.)
- In a bowl, whisk together the salt, sugar, vinegar, and water and pour the mixture over the vegetables.
- Use the displacement method (Archimedes’ principle) to remove the air from the zip-closure pouch and zip the seal (or vacuum seal in the chamber vacuum.)
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven to cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pouch from the water oven and quick chill, submerged in an ice water bath for 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate for use within 4 weeks.
Share This Recipe with Friends!