Courtesy of Staff Blogger Madeline Fiore
- 4 chicken breasts*, bone-in sea salt and Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 orange, cut into 8 wedges for garnish
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Chocolate Chile BBQ Sauce
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 146F/63.5C.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Divide the chicken breasts between two large (gallon/3.8 liter) cooking pouches, two to a pouch, and vacuum seal.
- Submerge in the water oven and cook for at least 2 ½ hours and up to 6 hours.
- Preheat an oiled grill or grill pan or your broiler to high heat.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the cooking pouches and brush with Chili Chocolate BBQ Sauce.
- Sear the breasts on the hot oiled grill for approximately 1 minute per side or until caramelized. Again if you don’t have a grill, use your broiler on high for a few minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and orange wedges.
*If you prefer legs and thighs, use 4 leg quarters (or 4 legs and 4 thighs separated) putting two quarters to a pouch. Adjust the cooking temperature to 176F/80C and cook the chicken 2-1/2 – 6 hours. Proceed as for breasts.