Hearty Vegetable Soup
Courtesy of SousVide Supreme Culinary Specialist Sophie
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon (5g) ground cumin
- 4 cups (750g) sous vide-cooked vegetables
- 4 cups (960ml) chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cream (to serve)
- Put the olive oil into a medium-sized saucepan, over a medium heat.
- Add the diced onions and cook for a few minutes, until soft and translucent.
- Add the chopped garlic and cumin and continue to cook for a bit, until the garlic is softened.
- Add the vegetables and stir together for a few minutes, before adding the stock. (As the vegetables are already cooked, you just need to reheat the vegetables.)
- Using an immersion blender or a food processor, puree the vegetables and stock.
- Pour the soup back into the saucepan (if you used a food processor) and heat over medium heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and turn up the heat, so that the soup is heated through and starts to boil.
- Serve straight away with some fresh cream on top.