Habañero Infused Tequila
Infusion and cocktail courtesy of Rex Bird
- 1 to 1 ½ fresh sliced Habañero (or Jalapeño or other hot) peppers, stemmed and seeds removed
- 1 lemon, for zest
- 1 orange, for zest
- 1 bottle (750 ml) Añejo tequila
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 165F/74C.
- Put all the ingredients into a large (gallon/3.8 liter) zip-closure cooking pouch and use the displacement method (Archimedes’ Principle) to remove the air and zip the seal.
- Submerge in the water oven to cook for 10 minutes.
- Taste test and dilute with additions of the same tequila, if too spicy.
Use it straight as a shooter with a lick of salt and lime or to make a delicious Habanero Margarita!