Sous Vide Duck Carnitas Nachos
Serves 6 to 8
- 1 recipe Sous Vide Duck Confit Carnitas
- 1 recipe Sous Vide Queso Blanco Dip
- 2 tomatoes, stemmed, seeded, and diced
- 4 green onions, washed, trimmed and chopped
- 1 can (2-1/2 ounces/ 64 g) sliced black olives
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) Mexican chili powder
- 1 large bag restaurant style tortilla chips
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, washed, trimmed, and shredded
- 1 can ( 4 ounces/ 113 g) sliced jalapenos, hot medium or mild
- 1 handful cilantro, washed, trimmed and chopped
- Prepare the Duck Confit Carnitas and the Cheese Dip as per recipe instructions and have warm and ready.
- In a bowl, mix the tomatoes, green onions, olives, avocado, salt, cumin and chili powder together.
- On a large platter, spread the lettuce to make a bed and top with the tortilla chips.
- Pour the cheese dip evenly over the tortillas, then distribute the duck, jalapenos, and tomato mixture.
- Garnish with the cilantro and serve.