- 4 slices thick bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and diced
- 3 medium tomatoes, trimmed and diced
- 3 cup (760 ml) chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup (200 g) black beans, well-rinsed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 meaty pork ribs, cooked, and meat pulled from the bone (Basic Baby Back Ribs) (leftovers are great for this!)
- 2 Sweet and Sticky Sausages, cooked and sliced (leftovers are great!)
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded and diced
- chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 2 cups (320 g) cooked Arroz Braziliero
- 1 fresh orange, sliced
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 195F/90.5C
- In a skillet on the stovetop, fry the bacon until cooked.
- Add the onion and garlic and continue to cook until transparent. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Add the bacon, onions and garlic, and all remaining ingredients, except the cooked meats, mango, and cilantro, to a large (gallon/3.8 liter) zip-closure cooking pouch and, using the displacement method (Archimedes’ Principle), remove the air and zip the seal.
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven to cook for 3 hours.
- Put the cooked meat and mangos into a cooking pouch and vacuum seal.
- Reduce the temperature of the water oven to 158F/70C adding ice cubes or chilled water to speed the fall.
- Submerge the pouch of meat in the water oven, along side the beans, to warm for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pouches and pour them both into a warmed tureen.
- Stir to mix, garnish with the cilantro, and serve with Arroz Braziliero and sliced fresh oranges.
Share This Recipe with Friends!